This year marks the 9th year of our annual cider tasting event which will take place Saturday, October 16. The event will showcase many local hard and sweet ciders – including our own Kimlin Cider – to sample with our re-designed tasting glass. The event will also include
- food vendor Dutchess Dog House
- behind-the-scene tours of the Mill
- online auction
- hands-on children activities
- live music by the Roundabout Ramblers
- Fishkill Historical Society with their delicious made-to-order apple fritters as you learn about the work this group does to preserve local history
- Dutchess County Sports Museum with their exhibit on our local sports history
- Lawrence antique cider press plus portable sawmill with hands on demos
- intriguing new additions to the Mill’s Museum of Antiquity
We invite you to join us as a sponsor of this event which is our major fundraiser. Event sponsorship is a wonderful way to advertise your business and support the preservation of the Mill. We offer extensive promotion of sponsors, fully described here and below. The roadside banner on Cedar Avenue advertises the event to nearly 2,500 cars per day; invitations are mailed to 750 supporters; emails go to 450 subscribers; the cider card is handed to our hundreds of guests; and the event and sponsors are shared through our website and Facebook page with 500 followers.
As a 501(c)(3) non-profit, all-volunteer organization, Cider Mill Friends fulfills its mission to restore this beloved local landmark through community support and donations. You are proudly preserving the Mill today and, for our most important asset: our future generations.
We look forward to you joining us as a Cider Tasting sponsor!