This year marks the 10th year of our annual cider tasting event which will take place Saturday, October 15. The event will showcase many local hard and sweet ciders – including our own Kimlin Cider – to sample with our special 10th anniversary tasting glass. The event will also include:
- food vendor Dutchess Dog House
- behind-the-scene tours of the Mill
- online auction
- children’s activities
- live music by the Roundabout Ramblers
- Fishkill Historical Society with their delicious made-to-order apple fritters as you learn about the work this group does to preserve local history
- Dutchess County Sports Museum with their exhibit on our local sports history
- Lawrence antique cider press plus with hands-on demos
- intriguing new additions to the Mill’s Museum of Antiquity
- other surprises!
As a 501(c)(3) non-profit, all-volunteer organization, Cider Mill Friends fulfills its mission to restore this beloved local landmark through community support and donations. You are proudly preserving the Mill today and, for our most important asset: our future generations. Publicity includes the roadside banner on Cedar Avenue visible to 2,500 cars daily; mail invitations to 750+ supporters; emails to 450 subscribers; a card listing available ciders given to our hundreds of guests; advertisement at the cider tables visited by guests multiple times; event t-shirts worn by volunteers at the event and beyond; and the event and sponsors are shared through our website, Facebook (725+ followers), Instagram (185+ followers) and other online venues.
We look forward to you joining us as a Cider Tasting sponsor!